The ZXP Series 8 laminator offers lowest total cost of ownership with its patented, waste-free laminates. This model also provides increased durability and prolonged card life by preventing image fading and dye migration that can occur with normal card use. Secure lamination is ideal for:
• Driver’s Licenses
• Government & Military ID Cards
• High Security Access Control ID Cards
• Law Enforcement and Correctional Facility ID Cards
• Airport Personnel ID Cards
• Applications requiring secure issuance of long-lasting, tamper-evident IDs
"Advanced credentialing continues to be a top priority for today’s government, education and corporate security professionals. The addition of laminator will make the ZXP Series 8 retransfer card printer the perfect solution for high-volume, high-security I.D. applications," said Árpád Halász, regional sales manager of Zebra Technologies. "Now secure and durable lamination can be added to the unparalleled print speeds and photo-like image quality the ZXP Series 8 printer delivers."
Unlike traditional dye sublimation card printers, which use a printhead that prints through a ribbon directly onto the card, retransfer printers print onto a flexible, transparent film that is then thermally bonded to the card. In general, benefits of retransfer printing include:
• Higher image quality and print resolution
• The ability to print on uneven card surfaces such as smart cards
• True edge-to-edge printing (via over-the-edge printing). Traditional card printers must leave a white border because printing out to the edge would damage the printhead.
• The ability to print on non-PVC cards. Dye sublimation requires a porous surface available only through PVC cards.
• More durable and abrasion-resistant cards
• Fraud protection, since the film is inherently tamper-evident
Available in all regions, the ZXP Series 8 is sold through Zebra’s vast network of channel partners. For more information, please call +1 800 452 4056 or visit www.zebra.com/zxpseries8.
About Zebra Technologies
Zebra Technologies Corporation (Nasdaq: ZBRA) provides the broadest range of innovative technology solutions to identify, track, and manage the deployment of critical assets for improved business efficiency. Zebra's core technologies include reliable on-demand printer and state-of-the-art software and hardware solutions. By enabling improvements in sourcing, visibility, security and accuracy, Zebra helps its customers to put the right asset in the right place at the right time. Zebra serves more than 90 percent of Fortune 500 companies worldwide. For more information about Zebra's solutions, visit www.zebra.com.